What is Western Union?
Western Union is a leader in global payment services, well known for their money transfer service that can be use to send cash to any person or company in the world quickly and securely.
Do All Online Poker Sites Accept Western Union?
At first glance, you may think that’s not the case. But in reality, even though many online poker sites do not explicitly state “Western Union”, they’ll have it instead under “Money Transfer” or “Person to Person” transfer. Even when neither of these are listed, theres still a very good chance that most of the popular sites will accept it as long as you email them in advance.
It’s worth noting, however, that in some parts of the US, gambling transactions are banned by Western Union. Therefore it is recommended that you have alternative deposit options in place to avoid disappointment.
Western Union also offers pre-paid cards that you can buy and load up with funds from a bank account or credit card, which you can then use at sites that accepts Western Union.
Top Rated Western Union Poker Sites
Benefits of using Western Union
No Credit Card? No Problem!
Not everyone has a checking account. If they do, they would rather not use it to fund their online gambling for many reasons, one of which is the need to disclose sensitive card details or personal information. This makes using a wire transfer service such as Western Union a good option as all you need are the funds and the recipient’s details to transfer the cash.
Like many of the other deposit options, you’ll be able to take advantage of bonuses when using Western Union for transfers, most notable large sign-up bonuses. Other forms of bonuses includes free funds added to your account and free plays on certain games. Check the bonus offers of each site carefully to know exactly what you can get.
You’re also able to make much larger than usual deposits using this Western Union.
Are there any drawbacks?
As with all methods of depositing money, there are always advantages and disadvantages. Although the pros outweigh the cons, here are a few things you should be aware of when using this method of deposit:
- ➤ Though the fees for deposit and withdrawal are not high by any means, they are still higher than most other methods of deposits. The amount depends entirely on the size of deposit or withdrawal. Also, in some instances the poker site will refund this fee as an incentive for large deposits.
- ➤ Processing time for your deposits could take longer than say using a credit card. This is because you are using a third party money-transfer to make the deposit. Where is could take 10 mins when using credit card, it could take up to an hour, or even a day. As long as you are aware of this and with a little planning ahead this should not cause much problem.
- ➤ Just like with deposit time, withdrawal may take longer with a process time of up to but usually no longer than 10 days.
- ➤ Not as widely accepted as other methods at first glance, but usually can be solved with an email to the poker site support team.
Depositing with Western Union
- ➤ Make sure your poker site of choice offers the option of using Western Union to make a deposit.
- ➤ Then register your account.
- ➤ Follow the site’s instructions to get the necessary information required for the transfer.
- ➤ You’ll then either make the physical transfer at your local branch office or do it online.
- ➤ Having done this, you’ll receive a Money Transfer Control Number that you’ll be able to use to keep track of the transfer with.
- ➤ You’ll then have to update the online poker site with your MTCN number so they can process your deposit.
- ➤ The payment is usually completed in a matter of minutes, but can at times take up a couple of days.