American Express, also known as Amex, in short, is a payment card used worldwide to make various purchases. This card also offers poker players a convenient method of funding their online poker account thanks to its worldwide acceptance, perks, and bonuses.
With an Amex card, deposits are smooth and instant (about a minute or two) because there’s no need of a third-party, which often lengthens the withdrawal and deposit times. This makes Amex a top payment method preferred by poker players.
Here are the best online poker sites in 2020 that accept American Express (AMEX):
Poker Sites That Accept Amex
- Trusted by US Players Since 2001
- Huge Bad Beat Jackpots
- Fully Licensed and Regulated
- 1 Poker Sites That Accept Amex
- 2 BetOnline.ag
- 3 Juicy Stakes
- 4 Bovada
- 5 Sportsbetting.ag
- 6 The Best Amex Online Poker Sites
- 7 Go In-Depth with Amex
- 8 The Advantages of Using Amex
- 9 Make Withdrawals with Amex Poker Sites
- 10 How to Deposit Using Amex at Online Poker Sites
- 11 Get Your Own Amex Card
- 12 Break Boundaries with Amex
- 13 Amex in the Main U.S. Markets
- 14 Frequent Amex Questions
The Best Amex Online Poker Sites
After extensive research on which poker rooms accept Amex, OnlinePokerAmerica has a comprehensive review of this payment method. However, from the looks of it, you can expect a simple and secure process.
There are also lucrative bonuses to take advantage of depending on your online poker site. These bonuses range from 10-15% for depositors using a certain payment method. Be sure to check whether you qualify for the bonus.
Go In-Depth with Amex
American Express falls under the American Express Company and is the brains behind the American Express range of cards that have been in operation since 1850. With such vast experience in the industry and extensive coverage, it’s no wonder players have unwavering trust in the company’s services.
For starters, there’s no need to re-route payments through third-party applications to fund your online poker account. This eliminates the waiting time and stress sometimes associated with such movements.
However, if the need arises to link your Amex card with other financing methods, it’s possible as well. You can link your card with PayPal, Amex, Skrill, and Bitcoin. Therefore, whichever route you decide to take, Amex will have your back.
The Advantages of Using Amex
- Accepted worldwide: Regardless of your location in the world, Amex will be with you as you travel. Online poker sites have had to include Amex as one of their online casino payment methods.
- Stellar customer care: Users have an experienced customer care team at their disposal should they encounter any difficulty when performing any transaction at any online poker room that offers Amex as a payment method. You can reach them through their email, hotlines, or find a solution in their informative FAQ page.
- Quick transactions: There’s no need for using a third-party during any transaction. All you need is to create an account with an online poker room that accepts Amex. Afterward, you can start transferring funds between your account and the online poker site without the need of a third-party.
- Secure transactions: You no longer have to lose sleep over hackers trying to steal your credentials. This is because Amex has gone an extra mile to ensure all transactions remain secure. For instance, you must provide your card details any time you need to perform a transaction. This is because Amex doesn’t store the details on their servers. These details include the three-digit code also referred to as a CVV found at the rear of the card.
- Membership rewards: How about traveling for free? Sounds good, doesn’t it? Well, Amex gives you a chance to make your dreams come true. Using your Amex card to make any purchase including funding your online poker account will result in point accumulation, which you redeem as travel points.
Make Withdrawals with Amex Poker Sites
After winning a significant amount of money from a tight poker game, you’ll want to cash out from your Amex online poker site. Here’s the detailed process:
- Click on the menu once you’ve logged in to your Amex online poker room.
- From the options displayed under the cashier option, select withdraw. You’ll be required to fill certain personal details as proof of ownership. Other details include the CVV number, card number, and the amount you wish to withdraw.
- The final step will be to authorize the withdrawal. Note that this process will take a while before reflecting in your bank account. Often 3 to 5 business days.
How to Deposit Using Amex at Online Poker Sites
It’s super easy and fast to deposit funds in your preferred online poker room using Amex. Follow these simple steps:
- Use your credentials (password and username) to log in to your Amex online poker site.
- Navigate to the menu and search for the cashier option. Click on this option and you’ll be presented with several payment methods. Search for Amex and click on it.
- Afterward, you’ll be asked to fill the necessary details including your card number, the CVV code, and the amount to deposit.
- Finally, you’ll be asked to authorize the transaction, after which the money should be in your account in a short while.
Keep in mind, it’s important to check with your bank and confirm whether they allow gaming and gambling transactions. Aside from that, you should be able to use the Amex card anywhere you see the American Express logo.
Get Your Own Amex Card
With over 25% of the total dollars spent in the United States attributed to the Amex card, it’s not hard to see why many poker players will be interested in this payment method. This leads to the next step – acquiring an Amex card.
All you have to do is visit your bank and provide the necessary details including:
- Your full name
- Physical address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Government ID, a driving license, or any form of identification that proves your identity.
If the application is successful, you should have your credit card delivered to your mailbox a few business days later. From there, you can use the card to fund your Amex poker room account.
Break Boundaries with Amex
American Express is a global brand accepted worldwide as long as you can spot the logo that lets you know the payment method is accepted. With this extensive global presence, several online poker sites are incorporating this payment method to attract more players.
Amex in the Main U.S. Markets
With the recent legalization and regulation of online poker in states such as Nevada, Delaware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, American Express is starting to make a comeback into the US gambling market. Initially, this wasn’t possible.
However, gamblers could still use their Amex cards to fund offshore regulated online poker rooms that accept Amex. As other states in the US consider legalizing and regulating gambling, Amex will have no choice but change their stance.
Frequent Amex Questions
Typically, using an Amex card for your deposit on online poker sites will take up to two minutes. However, if you notice any unusual delay, contact the customer support team to help you out with the deposit.
The chances of finding an online poker room that accepts withdrawals to Amex are almost zero. This means players using Amex to deposit will have to use another payment method for withdrawal.
Yes, you’ll only need to pay a small fee to facilitate the deposit and withdrawal process. However, the fee will depend on the amount of money, often this will be 1 to 5 percent.
Compromising your card details is next to impossible when playing on your favorite online card room. First, all reputable online poker sites employ top-notch encryption systems to ensure all details are secure and safe. Second, Amex has robust fraud detection systems that’ll have you sleeping like a baby.
By all means, yes. If the online poker room cashier contains American Express, then you can deposit using Amex through the mobile app. In any case, the process should be similar or even easier.
Yes, Amex is available in the United States, especially if you’re a poker player in any of the 3 states that have legalized and regulated online poker – Delaware, Nevada, and New Jersey. You can make deposits if you wish to join the World Series of Poker tournament.
Everyone loves freebies and Amex knows this, which is why they offer points every time for every purchase made. Later on, you can redeem the points for travel. Also, making deposits through Amex is instant only takes a maximum of 2 minutes.
There’s nothing as sweet as seeing your deposit reflect as soon as you hit the confirm button. That’s the peace of mind Amex delivers. Your personal details remain in the vault because such details will never be shared with the poker site.