Click2Pay, founded in 2003 in the German city of Munich, is an e-wallet service that allows users to make instant deposits, sometimes even withdrawals, on online poker sites.
Although one of newer payment systems to join the online gambling scene, more and more people are choosing to use Click2pay for its fantastic 128-bit encryption used on all transactions to protect all your confidential data.
Can I use Click2Pay to play at US online gambling sites?
It depends. If you already have a Click2pay account, then absolutely yes, you can use it at most online poker sites. However, if you don’t, then because of the passing of the UIGEA you are out of luck as they currently do not accept new US customers.
Top Rated Click2Pay Poker Sites
How does Click2Pay work?
Just like other e-wallet services such as Paypal, Neteller and Skrill, you can fund your Click2pay account using a variety of ways, including credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards and even bank transfers. The specific funding options available to you depend on your country of residency, as certain options are only available to certain countries.
Making a deposit is easy. Simply go to your poker site of choice and select Click2pay as your deposit method. Once there, simply follow the instructions and enter the amount you wish to deposit. When you’ve completed this, you’ll find the funds in your account instantly.
Withdrawals are just as easy to make, though, not all online poker sites offer this option. For the ones that does, navigate to their withdrawal menu and find Click2pay, enter the amount you with to withdraw, and in most cases the funds will be transferred into your Click2pay account instantly. However, processing time for withdrawals varies from site to site, with some taking up to a couple of business days.
Are there any fees?
As a preferred deposit method by most gambling sites due to its instant transfer times and high accept rates, there are usually no fees at all for both deposits and withdrawals.
However, there are fees when it comes to Click2pay side of things. Depending on your country of origin, some upload methods will incur fees. For example, using credit cards to deposit money into your click2pay account will incur a 3% fee.
It is also possible that some fees are required for making withdrawals from your account, but these typically aren’t any higher than 3%.
Advantages and disadvantages
- ✓ Rated as one of the most secure payment option by many online gamblers, security is one of the biggest advantages of using Click2pay.
- ✓ Instant payments mean you can start gambling right away.
- ✓ All payments made via Click2pay are anonymous.
- ✓ Only need to provide confidential personal and banking details once when creating Click2pay account.
- Some methods of depositing cash into your click2pay account will be charged fees.
- They are currently not taking any new US customers.
- The transfer amount at the beginning is usually limited, but will increase over time.
- Not all poker sites offer withdrawals for this payment method.