PokerStars is making it easier than ever for players to earn Platinum Passes. The Mega Path offers players the ability to earn win their way to the 2020 PokerStars Players Championship (PSPC) in Barcelona from just $2.
The Mega Path is a unique way for players to work their way up from nearly nothing. It begins with a $2 Sit & Go, where players can earn tickets into a multi-table satellite tournament for a PSPC qualifier. If that sounds a bit complicated, here are the steps laid out neatly:
- Step 1: Play in a $2 Mega Path Sit & Go, and earn a ticket for the MTT satellite. These are 27-player tournaments.
- Step 2: Satellites are held twice per week, and offer players tickets into the PSPC Qualifiers. The top 15 players from these MTTS will play in the qualifier.
- Step 3: PSPC Qualifiers are held every Sunday at 3:30pm EST, and the winner will receive a Platinum Pass.
If you’d rather not spend $2 on tickets for Mega Path Sit and Gos, there is also the option to win tickets that can get you on your way to earning a Platinum Pass. These events run around the clock every day, so there are plenty of opportunities to win.
For players who enjoy playing live instead, there are plenty of opportunities to win at in-person events around the world. The Road to PSPC will be making stops in Paris and Spain next year, with many more tournaments to be announced soon.
What’s Included in a Platinum Pass?
A Platinum Pass from PokerStars offers you a prize package worth over $30,000. It includes:
- Six nights’ accommodation for you and a guest in a 5-star Barcelona Hotel
- Airport transfers
- Bespoke PSPC Merchandise
- €1,250 ($1400 USD) to cover expenses
- Platinum Pass winner experiences during the event
The winner of last year’s PSPC was Ramón Colillas, who won an impressive sum of $5.1 million. He was one of 320 players that earned a Platinum Pass in during the 2018-19 Road to PSPC campaign, and was able to take part in the tournament for free!
There’s certainly no harm in trying for your chance to win a Platinum Pass. With opportunities starting at just $2, anyone online poker enthusiast could become a millionaire in the 2020 PokerStars NL Hold’em Players’ Championship.