PokerStars recently unveiled an ambitious plan to host the world’s richest and most exciting $25,000 buy-in live event in January 2019. The event which is scheduled to run from the 6th to the 10th of January has been named the PokerStars Players Championship (PSPC) and it will be hosted at the renowned Atlantis Hotel and Casino Resort in the Bahamas. With an anticipated prize pool of over $10 million, the championship has already attracted the attention of poker professionals from all of the world which implies that the championship is going to be a highly contested one.
To ensure that its ambitious plan is realized come January 2019, PokerStars also announced that it would be giving away a total of 300 PokerStars Poker Championship (PSPC) Platinum Passes all through 2018. The Platinum Passes have been headliners ever since they were unveiled and it is for a very good reason – a single Platinum Pass is worth $30,000, includes the PSPC buy-in, accommodation at the Atlantis Resort and an extra $2,000 for travel expenses.
According to David Carrion, PokerStars Marketing Director, the PSPC is “an opportunity to put a show together for the poker fans and the poker players of all skill levels and of all countries. We want to create something that stands out in the entry level, in the prize pool, in the mix of players, for recreational players, for serious players, and for professional players. It’s our event for the players.”
By the time 2018 comes to an end, PokerStars will have plowed in $8 million into the PSPC prize pool. Furthermore, the poker powerhouse also announced that it would be topping up the first-place prize by $1 million thus bring their total contribution to a whopping $9 million.
As for the Platinum Passes, poker lovers have something to be very excited about as the first 19 Platinum Passes are going to be awarded over the course of this month. Low stake players can win a Platinum Pass this January by playing in a $2.20 buy-in Winter Series event or even opening a Rewards Chest and finding a free roll ticket inside.
We have summarized how the 19 Platinum Passes are going to be awarded for you to take advantage of the opportunities that suit you best:
- ➤Winter Series Main Event winners (December 25, 2017 – January 7, 2018) – 4 Platinum Passes.
- ➤Winter Series All-in Shootout winner January 8, 2018 – 1 – Platinum Pass.
- ➤Monthly Sunday Cashers Final winner February 3, 2018 – 1 Platinum Pass.
- ➤Italian Poker Open January 3-8, 2018 – 1 Platinum Pass.
- ➤ACOP Platinum Series 20 January 5-14, 2018 – 1 Platinum Pass.
- ➤PCA Bahamas 2018 January 6-14, 2018 – 5 Platinum Passes.
- ➤PokerStars MEGASTACK Ulster January 12 -14, 2018 – 1 Platinum Pass.
- ➤PokerStars Festival London January 22-29, 2018 – 3 Platinum Passes.
- ➤BSOP SAO Paulo January 25 -30, 2018 – 2 Platinum Passes.